Deputy is an Delphi IDE expert featuring Process Manager and Instance Manager. Deputy is included with RunTime ToolKit or available for individual purchase below. The expert is dual licensed GPL and as part of RunTime ToolKit with support.
Purchase Deputy Expert License Individual component license $9 USD
- Compiled expert DLL for Delphi IDE versions 10.3, 10.4, 11.X
- Source code is included for Deputy
- Free 1 year updates and new releases
- Support via email
- After 1 year, a 50% discount renewal is offered for a one year extension ( offer valid for 30 days)
- License is per developer
Licensed Install Instructions
Source code and compiled version for the GPL version can be found on GitHub.
GPL install instructions & GPL update instructions
Deputy 2.5 series release(s) support include:
- Sending a close message to allow for a clean shutdown. This feature was requested on GitHub, issue 1.
- Cleaner use of message window. Requested via email feedback.
- Updates are cached via new update manager class.
- Source code is restructured to be easier to follow as an example of a TOTAL plugin
Deputy is now available as individual component of RunTime ToolKit. Purchase Info
Thanks to all who gave feedback on the 2.4 series, as always feedback is appreciated on GitHub,
Deputy, a Delphi IDE expert, remediates orphaned processes to avoid the prompt for overwrite. By default the IDE does not check before running a compile, it runs a few seconds of precompile then prompts that it can not overwrite the target. This expert watches before that compile starts and clears out the old process.
2.6.2 - Licensed Release
Licensed release for 2.6 series features, see GPL release notes.
2.6.1 - GPL
Feature Process Manager to cover all debug and compile activities.
- Ability to abort Process Manager
- Ability to force terminate managed process
- Settings moved to Options in the IDE
- Poll and loop settings exposed
Feature Instance Manager to notify if multiple IDE instances are started
2.5.4 - Licensed Release
Fix for version info not always displayed correctly in 2.5.2.
2.5.3 - GPL
Bugfixes for update client.
Delay for close progress form.
2.5.2 - Licensed Release
Introduces a delay to the close status window so the IDE does not appear to flicker.
2.5.1 - GPL
Enables user to send close to the application to exit correctly.
Captures memory leak detail after close.
Dedicated Update form.
Source code is restructured to make the expert easier to follow as an example.